Friday, October 8, 2010

A Beautiful Day

Oooo my gosh! I just was reading email and Jan Karon is releasing another Father Tim book.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0670022330/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm out of my mind with joy. I'm not as religious as some of my friends, but these books are superb. I am a better person after I read one of them. I even read the cookbook. I'm gonna make that cake one of these days. I'll have all sorts of test strips and insulin around and my husband to watch me to make sure, but it sounds so good.

My arm is getting better and the orthopedist has released me to work out at the hospital rehab place. I'll miss having my personal trainer at home so nobody could see me flub up and get so frustrated. He was the first real live person from Ethiopia I've ever met. He's been here for 20 years and we swapped stories to keep our minds off the exercises.

We went down to Hico today to see how they are bringing the town back to life. It was a fun trip and we only nearly strangled each other a few times. The town is coming back to life and that is a good thing to see. There are a lot of classy goods in some of the stores....there are some iron gates from New York that are fabulous! There will be an entire shop of antique architectural items out in a courtyard to look at, but it was too hot today for that kind of foolishness. Inside there were many goodies from church lanterns to very upscale bedding. The building reminded me of the church where we met Bossy, but this building was an old granary. At least the chute where the grain came down from the floor above looked like that.

12 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the book, it's good when a series of books are written and a new one gets published.
    Enjoy your week-end.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your arm is doing better. Sorry however you are losing your personal trainer.
    Outside of a live in maid, an in house PT is on my wish list. Keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AP,
    I will miss him. He came by today for me to sign some papers. It was wonderful having a physical therapist when I couldn't drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been out of blogs for a bit, but will go back and see whats up. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you online again and glad you are doing better. I am sure having a personal trainer was great. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought I'd better get in gear and reply as I am exiting to AR. Heart Hosp for4 days and an 8 day trip for both of us. This is to titrate a drug to mix with everything else I am taking. Since we added digoxin I have been a lot better but could stand a tad more of that. Glad you are coming out of your multiple problems--we cannot have just one at at time! Maybe Bull Shoals needs to visit Hico. We sure need something to fill all the empty buildings.

    Won't have WiFi in hosp. so will just be reading and writing for awhile. I have a Kindle with a lot of classics on it which are near free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this too not too long ago. Not JUST a new book -- a new SERIES. I'm excited too! :)

    I'm so glad to hear you are healing and it's good to SEE you again! I'm not blogging as much as I should... I'm so darned busy these days. And mom is declining... oy vey!

    Hico sounds like a fun day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Jan Karon and her books! Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you will miss the PT . I love my housekeeper. One quit but provided me one I may like better. I trust them both.

    My Kindle was a Godsend in the hospital without WiFi on my floor. I am just beginning to feel comfortable with its features.

    I downloaded 30 books for less than $30. Come Christmas I bet there is a price war between Kindle and Nook.

    Two books I bought were by Max Lucado. On was Imagine a Life without Fear. I needed that so much I read it twice, and the 3rd reading highlighted certain paragraphs.

    Surely hope life's trials lessen up for you. my next confrontation will probably be an ablation, an angioplasty/angiogram type procedure; as always with risks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amber,

    Glad to hear about this. Sounds like a great read. real sorry to hear about your arm. Hope it doesn't hurt.

    Best wishes,

    Skeeter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank yοu for the goоd wrіtеup.

    It in fасt waѕ a amusement acсоunt it.
    Loοk аdvanced to mоre addeԁ agгeeable
    fгom you! Howеver, hοw can we communicate?


    My blоg pοst click through the up coming webpage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, its fastidious pіece οf writing on the topic of medіa prіnt, we аll undегstаnԁ medіa is a
    greаt sοuгce of іnformatiоn.


    mу webpage :: http://www.viewdocsonline.com/document/qkm1kh

    ReplyDelete