25 or 22 DEEP Questions... After I started this I saw that Melli had left out 3 questions.
I picked up this me me at Melli's. I'm not tagging - but if you do it let me know!
1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling them how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
I'm an eye contact person, so it would be very easy to tell someone I loved them while gazing into their eyes. It is also very easy for me to tell someone off while boring into their eyesockets with my laser gaze.
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?:
I was really angry last week. I had been to the doctor and he had told me he would call in three prescriptions. I assumed...you know about that assume thing...anyway, that he or someone would call them in after I left the office. I checked at the pharmacy and no prescription...ah well, I called the office and was told his nurse would call it in after office hours. Still ok with me. I understand time issues in an office. Called the pharmacy later that evening about 8 PM and still no rx. I was sort of ticked, but thought the pharmacy was jerking me around. The next day after talking with his nurse twice I finally got the prescriptions over 18 hours later. I was furious with his nurse because she had told me she had called them in. I rarely get angry, but that just put me over the edge and she got an earful, too. And yes, I am still pissed off about it.
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago nonstop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?:
I'd call my husband, but he would probably be with me. If so, I'd call my youngest daughter to let her know we loved her and her siblings and if she didn't tell them, I'd haunt her. Actually I'd call the stewardess to offer some help putting out the fire and not worry with the phone about it.
4. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?:
I'm such a weenie, I'd probably tell everyone and anyone who would listen, but I'd want to spend the time with my family. I doubt I'd spend much time on the computer at all. So, if it happens you guys will get one last post and that will be it.
5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust:
If I could only have one thing it would be Trust. Physical love lasts for a long time, but there comes a time when companionable love is ok. Also, it is my feeling that if you have trust you already have love.
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dog’s life?
If it was me and the dog and I could save it, I'd take the chance on my job, but if it was a question of losing my job and being able to take care of my children ..well, the children will have an employed mother to buy food for them.
7. You are unfaithful to your spouse/significant other. Do you tell him/her? Why or Why not?:
It wouldn't happen, but if it did...I wouldn't tell. There is no reason to inflict pain on someone I love for no good reason...or for a bad reason for that matter. I don't think everything must be shared in a relationship to the detriment of the other person. It would NEVER be an ongoing thing if it did ever happened. Yuck
8. Your friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more then just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you do/say?:
Whether man or woman, I would be all weirded out, but tell them we just can't feel that way and stay friends. And then we would both fall over laughing our heads off.
I don't know what Melli did with number 9, but it wasn't there. So, I'm leaving it blank, because I'm just not feeling very psychic tonight.
10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
Mostly I think I would like me as a friend. I like to do what I like to do and that works in the getting along part. I'm pretty thoughtful of myself, too. Yeah...I like me pretty well.
11. Does love = sex?
Uh..NO...who would think that if they are over 16 years old.
13. When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person.
That would be this past Thursday after not getting my prescriptions for over 18 hours. I honestly told her she lied to me and that I didn't appreciate it at all. It was the nephrologist's nurse. I felt angry when I told her that. Actually I was mad as hell, because he had prescribed prednisolone for the gout flare I was having and it meant a great deal of difference in the pain level I knew would decrease radically within 24 hours after starting it. I didn't feel bad about telling her off at all.
14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a friend, you love them or that you do not love them back?
You know..I don't think I'd have the courage to tell someone I didn't love them back. That would be one I'd avoid and eventually drift away from. If it was "that kind of love".
15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
It has been very hard to realize I can't do as much as I used to be able to do physically. Losing independence is hard as hell. The other day when we were trimming shrubs a limb whipped back and hit my eye. It hurt some, but I started crying because what really bothered me was that I couldn't do all the yard work by myself like I used to be able to do. That bothered me a lot.
16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them?
My sweet grandson was the last one I told I loved him. How could I not love the daylights out of him. He is perfect...you know.
Again...I don't know what Melli did with number 17...so still not feeling psychic. Long day and just got home from an opera.
18. Imagine: it is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?
I would like to have a policeman over visiting at a time like that. Oh..just read that again. I'd call 911 and get a bunch of policemen over to check it out. They are very good about checking out weird creepy things. My daughter used to date a policeman and he was very good to help me change the light bulb on the front porch and thank goodness he got there before I totally took the entire light fixture apart.
19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?:
Dude...No, sorry if you are a bum on the streets with God knows what diseases, from AIDS to all those dreadful liver diseases, I won't be giving you CPR. On the other hand if I was dying and needed CPR and the bum on the street was the only one around....well, I'd rather die.
Melli took out #20 too..what's a girl to do?
21. You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your reason for making the decision?:
Farewell Granny....a newborn has life before them and sometimes that is just how it goes. It would have to be the older person, because the child is helpless and hasn't had a chance to live. I would understand and want the person who would be holding my hand and my grandson's hand. Let me go and save him without a second thought.
22. Are you old fashioned?
I'm not sure what old fashioned is anymore. Tonight I was listening to some older ladies talking about how excited they were that the movie "Pillow Talk" was going to be on next week's movie night. I'm not that old fashioned. I do like the old movies, but the Rock Hudson/Doris Day thing is beyond me. I think people should get married when they have children and I actually think it would be even better if they got married before they had children. If that makes me old fashioned, well...yes..I am. I also get teary when I sing the National Anthem and say the pledge of allegiance.
23. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?
All the time. I'm surprised when someone appreciates what I do for them.
24. Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?
I'm with Melli on this: TRUE LOVE is the ONLY way to go! Not every having loved would be so sad. I would relish a broken heart to have been able to love and be loved.
25. If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
Banish Daylight Savings Time