Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ice Sculptures in North Pole Alaska

I said the ninja cat would be my last post until after Christmas, but my cousin sent this link from North Pole, Alaska. She used to live there and misses it terribly. The ice sculptures are very cool. This is from her email. I hope you enjoy them.


http://christmasinice.org/index.shtml

"This is just down from my house. Click on the links to see some beautiful ice carvings. I don't know why they don't have all the ice carvings pictured, but the ones they do show you will enjoy. There is also a link to see how they harvest the ice; the pond is only a mile from my house.

In March Fairbanks has a much bigger one, I will send the link to that one when it opens."

7 comments:

  1. Those were gorgeous ice carvings-unbelievably intriccate.

    I voted for #13.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this most lovely post.

    Happy Christmas.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent an email to my bloggy besties this morning but I don't have your email address!

    The short of the letter is:
    I love you
    Thank you for being you

    Happiest of happies through the holidays and all year long

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked the pictures, I do so miss Ole North Pole...
    Merry Christmas,sorry I missed you at the party last weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh...you guys are about to get me crying. But...guess what! We have SNOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, Amber! All the best to you and yours.

    Hope this blizzard that's got us socked in doesn't make trouble for you all down south.

    Skeeter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and thanks for the link. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete