Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thank you, Kate and ramblings and Ruby Tuesday!

Kate over at Shambles Manor in Scotland gave me a fine award today...well, actually yesterday but I just now got over to pick it up. It is sweet and thank you, Kate. She has a fun blog and loves the lol cats, too. I heart her blog, too.






Our Ruby Tuesday host is Mary, the Teach. On Tuesdays you can post any photo you like (it must be one of your own) that contains the color RED. Your photo can contain lots of RED or a little bit of RED and the sweet red heart gift from Kate is going to be my Ruby Red post.


Thanks to all of you who were concerned about my home cleaning and postponing the knitting. The deal is I have to do that or nothing will get done. Between the computer and the neighborhood association and the house and the kids and the in laws and you name it...well, sometimes some funner things have to wait. My daughter came over yesterday to knit with me and she is making progress and learning the heartbreak of the dropped stitch, too. She is developing a real liking for it, I think. I'm glad to have her here visiting and telling what is going on in her life...and some of it is hilarious. Some of the things she was telling me yesterday had me gasping with laughter. She is a hoot and great fun.


Now that hurricane Gustav has moved on it is time to go to UPS and mail a lamp her sister asked me to pick up the other day. I'm debating whether or not ship the glass fridge bottles she admired when she was here. I checked Wal Mart when we were there the other day and they had some that were actually cooler than mine....so I picked up a couple for her. They are great for juice....like tomato juice that you can't leave in the can. Good for when you make iced tea, too. Maybe save it for Christmas instead of sending them now. She has asked for new things that she uses everyday for Christmas. She wants to renew her kitchen gadgets and that works for me. I love buying them, too.



Update PS-The lamp will be going to Houston with her sister. It was going to cost more than the lamp cost to send it UPS.



4 comments:

  1. I think that is a GREAT Christmas gift! I love getting new stuff in the kitchen! Right now I'd like to get a whole new kitchen!!! *g*

    Glad Gustav moved on and you are all safe and sound! Visiting with out kids is probably the greatest joy we have - isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your red gift, surviving Gustav, happy knitting and getting some early Christmas shopping done. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award. I am so glad Gustav did you no harm! A little wind and rain for freshening, not terror.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice gift. Glad you survived Gustav.

    ReplyDelete