Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Cautionary Tale

Oh my....Martha Stewart has been denied entry into the UK to conduct business because of the conspiracy, false statements, and obstruction of justice guilty verdict in 2004 which resulted in a little prison stay. But she was a model prisoner while she was there and helped rehab a few cells and all. Plus she isn't a terrorist or anything; however,from time to time she has terrorized me about some failing or other in my homekeeping style...hopeless mess...I even subscribed to her magazine for tips and all. Her reps and I hope there can be some understanding and things can return to a state that will allow her entry.

I half heard about this while I in another room from the tv last night and looked it up today to make sure I had heard correctly. Apparently I had and hadn't dreamed it.

The Guardian News and of course Perez Hilton had plenty to say about all this.

Let this be a cautionary tale regarding not getting into any trouble at all ever!
It will stay with you for life....and you may not be able to get into the UK
to see the Queen or anybody for that matter.

3 comments:

  1. I can't walk into K-Mart without Martha Stewart terrorizing me! I bought a set of her plastic storage bowls -- 24 bowls, 20 lids -- four of the bowls are worthless for storage and of course they're the size I use most frequently. Martha Stewart owes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your freezer. Confused as to why the post disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Say it ain't so...Martha not allowed in the UK? I love to watch the food network and saw Martha as the guest to judge the wanna be food network stars. Have you noticed that she never look happy? Must be the UK thing...you think?

    ReplyDelete