Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gentle listeners

I saw this over at Rocks in my Dryer, I think it was the other day and I thought it was very nice, even if I have no idea which version of the Bible it is from. They are sweet women trying to find their way rearing children and teaching them to navigate the world.

"God's servant must not be argumentative, but a gentle listener and a teacher who keeps cool, working firmly but patiently with those who refuse to obey. You never know how or when God might sober them up with a change of heart and a turning to the truth, enabling them to escape the Devil's trap, where they are caught and held captive, forced to run his errands.
2 Timothy 2:24-26 (the Message)"

In an attempt to calm myself I've removed some blogs from my list of blogs I enjoy. If you don't see your blog, please remove mine from your list. Life is too short to feel attacked over everything I post. What has been left in comments has been unpleasant lately, and I'm not patient enough to wait for God to "sober them up with a change of heart...." The blog world is large enough for all of us and I'm entitled to my thoughts, too. I don't have to conform to yours.