Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What a difference a letter makes and movie day.

What a difference a letter makes. I got this from a friend and thought it funny....and a reminder to check your child's homework before they take it to school. There are several misspelled words in this one, besides the obvious, especially for the third grade. I'm sure no child was involved in the making of this at all.

Pretty busy today...movie day and all.

They really do show "the underbelly" in Slumdog Millionaire. They don't attempt to hide anything. That is what I'd heard in some of the interviews with the cast and they were not kidding. Bear that in mind if you go. It was not what I expected. It was a very well made movie, though...just much harsher than I'd expected for some reason that I can't fathom why I thought a child from the slums of India would have a lot in life anywhere approaching tolerable. Then it got worse for them.

5 comments:

  1. I still haven't decided whether or not I want to see this movie. I might wait and rent the DVD. That way if I can't stand to watch, I won't feel as though I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I haven't seen that picture yet, but it is definitely on my list.

    Best wishes,

    Skeeter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the laugh so early today. That kids essay is a really winner. A+

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing the movie on dvd would be ok. The vastness of India is shown, but mainly it would be fine.
    I was thinking that it would have been ok on dvd when I was leaving the theater.

    I liked Benjamin Button better. I was entranced while watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kids essay is hilarious. Still haven't seen Slumdog but seeing Benjamin Button this wkend.

    ReplyDelete