Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm up

Yesterday I felt terrible when it was time to get up and all day for that matter. It was probably the deadly boring meeting I'd attended the night before and when I left I saw they had propped open the door of the church allowing every pollen spore in the area inside. I was wondering why my nose was so stopped up during the meeting. Yesterday was lunch with the girls day, too but had to call to tell them I wouldn't be there.

Spent the day resting and surfing the net looking for somewhere we wanted to stay in Port Aransas. It is time for our yearly trip to the coast. Hopefully we will miss the hurricanes that have been so prolific this year. Our trip will be at the end of the month, so we should be ok and we will only be gone about a week. Unlike Melli's three week extravaganza. *so totally envious of her about that* Not that much to do in Port A and I get all the fishing I like done in a day or so. I'm taking a book and some knitting with me while hubby gets his fill of fishing. There is a bird sanctuary down there, I think. I'm pretty sure there is more than fishing. However, it will be a treat to go down to the shrimp boats to get our dinner when they come in. That is a real photo op...the shrimp boats, the gulls, the ocean....yes...taking the camera for sure.

Also, earlier I'd noticed and email from P. Allen Smith and thought it was just the regular newsletter, but it was an invitation to the Garden Home that will be open for view by the public on September 27th and 28th. The days we will be going to Port A. and it is too far to go up to Arkansas and then drive to the Texas coast. So, sorry P. Allen, but we'll have to pass this time. We have been watching the building of the garden home and the surrounding gardens for a long time on tv. It is really something and the gardens are fabulous.

Since I didn't feel like posting yesterday here is an extra post today and if you need a good laugh, try reading through these children's science exam answers

Q: Name the four seasons.
A: Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

Q: Explain one of the processes by which water can be made safe to drink.
A: Flirtation makes water safe to drink because it removes large pollutants like grit, sand, dead sheep and canoeists.

Q: How is dew formed?
A: The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.

Q: How can you delay milk turning sour? (brilliant, love this!)
A: Keep it in the cow.

Q: What causes the tides in the oceans?
A: The tides are a fight between the Earth and the Moon. All water tends to flow towards the moon, because there is no water on the moon, and nature hates a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight.

Q: What are steroids?
A: Things for keeping carpets still on the stairs .

Q: What happens to your body as you age?
A: When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental.

Q: What happens to a boy when he reaches puberty?
A: He says good-bye to his boyhood and looks forward to his adultery.

Q: Name a major disease associated with cigarettes.
A: Premature death.

Q: How are the main parts of the body categorized? ( e.g., abdomen)
A: The body is consisted into three parts -- the brainium, the borax and the abdominal cavity. The brainium contains the brain; the borax contains the heart and lungs, and the abdominal cavity contains the five bowels A, E, I, O, and U.

Q: What is the fibula?
A: A small lie.

Q: What does "varicose" mean?
A: Nearby

Q: Give the meaning of the term "Caesarian Section."
A: The Caesarian Section is a district in Rome

Q: What does the word "benign" mean?
A: Benign is what you will be after you be eight.

3 comments:

  1. Amber, I hope you continue to feel much better and have a good weekend. I love the children's sayings. I am sure you will have a great vacation and enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, feel better and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber, Hope you feel a bit better too. By the way I meant to say thanks for your hints about Christmas, it's getting to the stage that we will have to do something like that or we'll be bankrupted, this pressie for everyone is driving me crazy and you like me, will probably be the designated person to go search out and buy the pressies. The present list gets longer every year - I will definitely be taking up your hints... Thanks again, Cheers Kate x.

    ReplyDelete