Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ruby Tuesday 2


This project is finished now and came out very
pretty with a lot of fringe on it. It kept me out of the heat while working on
red yarn that made me happy to work with it. I used size
15 knitting needles and it worked up very quickly and
because the yarn is so bulky it looks full and pretty.


Our Ruby Tuesday host is Mary, the Teach. On Tuesdays you can post any photo you like (it must be one of your own) that contains the color RED. Your photo can contain lots of RED or a little bit of RED.

5 comments:

  1. OH! This was not here when I came here this morning! Well! Lovely! Guess what? I went and bought my knitting needles today! 2 pair! One long, one short... just in case! And some practice yarn! Sooooooo... I'm ready for my FIRST lesson! Now... I gotta run down the blog and find that bit about casting on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks pretty and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay! I'm casted on now! I'm off to step 2!!! Oh boy! I'm gonna learn to knit! Whooo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. melli, she has several of those videos. *LOL* you crack me up so much, girl. I just had to start over on one I'm working on, because I dropped a stitch and couldn't figure out how to fix it.
    aie aie aie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have knitted 4 rows now and I've probably dropped several stitches - and maybe even made up a couple extra ones! But I'm just gonna keep going for a little while and see how it becomes! I'm not very good at this! My hands go numb and I have to stop about half way through each row (it's only wide enough for a heavy scarf...) And I just can NOT seem to get comfortable with ANY way to hold the string and two needles to do the wrapping part! But I keep going! I haven't tried pearling yet... I want to wait until I can actually SEE what my knitting looks like first! Only 4 rows in, it's not lookin' like MUCH! And some are loose and some are tight ... it's really a MESS! LOL! How's daughter coming along?

    ReplyDelete