Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Storms in the night

We had big storms around here early this morning. The sound of the wind blowing woke me and I almost never wake up when it storms during the night. I got up at 1:03 to check the weather radar and it had pretty much blown through by then, but it had sounded like what I would think a tornado would sound like. In true Texas style I turned on the radar. If it had been light out, I'd have gone and stood on the porch looking for it. I'm a true Texan alrighty.

The past couple of days I've not been feeling well. The medicine for the rhuematoid arthritis I take on Monday makes me feel pretty bad on Tuesday and by Wednesday I still feel like I've been hit by a Mac truck. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel better. This week has been worse than the past ones.

5 comments:

  1. So about the time you start feeling better from the medicine, you have to take it again? Amoeba wrote a post about that ...

    http://ocquill.wordpress.com/2009/05/22/boast-no-pills/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for visiting my Day Lily post. Glad to have you visit; come again anytime.

    I don't have rheumatoid arthritis, but my osteoarthritis lets me know it's around.. big time... when we have bad weather. Hope your meds will soon kick in and you'll feel better. I know there are times when one thinks the cure is almost worse than the disease.

    I very much liked your Memorial Day post. I didn't get to the Little Rock National Cemetery this year because of the rain, rain, rain. My only brother was buried there in May, 1969, a Vietnam casualty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Sure wish the treatment was a little more user friendly!

    We have had a lot of thunder and rain. Just a few minutes ago we had huge claps of dry thunder--no rain.

    Sure did run my husband and Luckie inside in a hurry.

    My friend with RA says the weather really bothers her. It bothers me some with the old age osteoarthritis. I get it is worse with RA. But those meds are close to some chemotherapy meds. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds almost as bad as chemo! Sheeeesh! I'm praying for you my friend!

    Wish I'd been there for your storm last night! Sounds like it was a doozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better now ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete